With more than 30 years of experience at designing and manufacturing thousands of components from a wide range of elastomers, CTG engineers have an in-depth understanding of the numerous complex interactions between metals and rubber.
We will work with you on the front end of your design cycle to help ensure that your system performs as intended in the final application.
No matter what the metal, we provide you with a cost-effective solution.Safety Data Sheet PDFRequest Quote
- Rubber to stainless, brass, or aluminum
- Rubber to Inconel®
- Rubber to Hastelloy®
- Rubber to any other metal
- Products designed for optimum performance
- Solutions customized for cost effectiveness
Methods for Bonding a Metal to an Elastomer
- Encapsulate the metal in the rubber. This is the most economical choice.
- Bond the rubber chemically to the metal. This method provides a durable bond appropriate for many common purposes. Our experts will suggest the most suitable heat-activated adhesive for your particular application.
- Create a custom bonding treatment. If you have a particularly difficult rubber-metal bonding problem, our engineers can create a unique and effective solution for your application.